Saturday, January 29, 2011

Walk a Mile In My Shoes

Today as I was struggling with Little Man to get him to eat, my husband came in and proceeded to "critique" my parenting skills without asking what was going on or knowing the whole story. Frankly, I was ticked and thought, "Okay, smarty pants. You think you are so smart and can do better? Be my guest!". I then announced my decision and for the rest of the day, I had a Mommy's day off. It was fabulous!

I ran my errands and got some great shopping deals. I took myself out to lunch. Watched some of my favorite movies and even took a nap! I also relished in the unhappy Little Man moments and his struggling with settling down for a nap. Why? Because it wan't my problem. Mr. "I have all the answers." was in charge.

My favorite was when he came to me and asked what was for dinner and I told him whatever he wanted. He was in charge, and to his credit he did actually follow a recipe and made a good dinner. However, Little Man followed the SOP of late and refused to even try to eat it, let alone taste it. My husband was floored. When he came to tell me, I asked him how that made him feel. He said that it hurt his feelings and actually kind of ticked him off because he had worked really hard on the dinner. I just smiled and said, "hmmmm". As the day comes to an end, I think there has been a little serving of humble pie that has been eaten.

I just smile.

1 comment:

Jalene said...

I love that! You so deserve a day off, and why don't men get it sometimes :)