Jim caulked over the cracks as a temporary fix when we first moved in but it was starting to come off and we also knew we needed to replace the surround before we could put the house on the market. We agonized over what we should do and I made the decision to tile and even decided on the pattern and color.
I was shocked when I ripped it out (yep, ripped it out all by myself - thank you very much) that it was a ceramic surround and extremely heavy. That tells you how violent the previous family was. YIKES!
This is what my husband got to see after mowing the lawn and realizing what I was doing. HEHEHEHEHE No going back now!
And the final product! Didn't it turn out nice?! I am so proud of my hubby! (Notice the grout matches much better than the kitchen. Guess who picked out this grout. Sorry honey. Still love you!)
Here is a close up of the pattern and shelving. I'll be so glad to have our bathroom back! Stay tuned. Many projects are hopefully going to be done in the next couple of weeks thanks to our dads coming to visit and help out.












1 comment:
It looks so good!
Post a Comment