Saturday, December 5, 2009

So Thankful . . . .

Since I am unable to attend church tomorrow for Fast Sunday, I thought I would share my testimony here.

I have so much to be grateful for, and this past week and a half has reminded me of this in more ways than ever. Becoming a new mother has been one of the greatest moments of my life. I had all but given up that this would ever happen for me. Between not marrying until much later in life, infertility issues, and a pregnancy filled with scary moments, health issues, worry, and fear ending in such a perfectly healthy and wonderful little boy is a miracle within itself. I hope I never take this for granted and will always remember how precious this is. I truly cherish every moment with him, including the late night feedings and poopy diapers. They are all so precious and important.

I also have found that my love for my husband has grown more than I ever thought possible, and believe me that I loved him so much even before our little one was born. He is truly an amazing man and I couldn't ask for better. I am so grateful and feel so blessed. Again, the journey to find him was definitely not one of ease, but the result has been amazing. He has been so amazingly kind to me and our son not only since our son was born, but during the entire pregnancy and when we dealing with the infertility issues. He rarely missed an appointment and always made sure that I was okay even amongst difficult coursework, pressing work deadlines, and numerous other deadlines. He made dinners, cleaned the house, did laundry, took care of the yard, and the list could go on and on. He was and is amazing. I am so glad to know that he will be helping to raise our son. If our little one turns out like his father, I would be thrilled.

I am grateful for the power of prayer and the Priesthood. To have that power behind you is truly amazing. Plus to have someone in my home so readily available to conduct this sacred ordinance of a Priesthood blessing was such a comfort. Again, another reason to feel blessed. To have that extra communication with my Heavenly Father is truly a tender mercy He has provided. I have been in a marriage without such a priviledge, and I much rather have what I have now.

I am even grateful for the trials. I have learned more about empathy for others in similar situations that I could never have gained in any other way. I hope that I always remember the way I felt because I want to be able to always keep that empathy if I ever meet another who faces similar situations. Having kind words and listening ear can be some of the most healing moments for one in this situation, and I cherish those who provided that for me.

I am grateful for my extended my family, especially my mother who took my late night phone calls and my father who also listened to my fears when I couldn't put another
burden on my husband. A listening ear can mean so much in time of your greatest fear and grief.

I am grateful that my life and that of our son's was spared.

I am grateful for promptings and whisperings from the Holy Ghost. Without such, I know I would not be alive today.

I am grateful that there is technology available, such as the internet, that allows us to have information so rapidly available at our fingertips. Without such, I would not have had the knowledge to advocate for myself.

I am grateful that I had a doctor who would listen and act upon my concerns and fears rather than just push me off as another overly-anxious pregnant lady as another doctor did.

I truly believe in guardian angels thanks to my experience and there are moments that happened that are too sacred to share. I just know that there are those on the other side of the veil who truly do advocate on our behalf. I am grateful for them as well.

There is just so much more that I could write an entire novel. My heart is so full.

No comments: