As I look back on this past year, I have to admit that for me it seemed to go veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow in some ways and way too fast in others. The biggest events were all of the changes that Little Man made this past year. He went from being a newborn to being a full blown toddler that is definitely on the move and eats on his own. CRAZY!
As for my husband's schooling: It just seems to drag on and on and on and on and on and on and on. Every time I think we are getting close to the end, he drops a bombshell about how he has to add another semester on to get his master's degree. The only thing that I know for sure is that at some point in time in 2011 he WILL have his master's degree. This is a HUGE benchmark for us! Why? The master's degree is a MUST degree for us. His doctorate is an ideal. In other words if something were to happen with his job, our health, etc, as long as he has his master's degree we will be okay. If he was to get a doctorate, it would be even better. All I know is that I am soooooooooooooooo ready for him to be done and so is Little Man. If I have to hear the words "I have class" or "I have to study" ever again once he is done, it will be too soon!
Another big event we having coming to us in 2011 is the child support ends! May is our last payment FOREVER! This is so exciting in so many ways. The biggest two are that it definitely frees up some money for us and hopefully, it eases up some tension without a court order being around. Only time will tell. In the meantime, we are trying to figure out what would be the best way to handle our "raise" that we will get in June. The list is sooooooooooooo long as to how it could be spent that we could easily spend it several times over.
My hope is that in the new year we will also be able to sell our home, but that is truly a long shot at this point. Our house is far from ready and is in need of some repairs/updates before it is show ready. Since we had people crap out on us for the holiday break and my husband's shoulder may be in need of surgery, I am not sure when we will be able to get to it. (Oh, to have a fairy godmother at this point.) While I am grateful that we have a roof over our heads that we can afford, I have to admit I have been completely green with envy as I listen to friends/neighbors/ward members talk about there new homes they have bought or built to the point that Jim is about ready to ban me from Facebook because I get too upset. (In case you didn't know, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to move!)
As for me, I honestly have no plans or set goals for the new year other than get the long list of projects that I want to complete, completed. If I can do that, then it truly will be an accomplishment! Otherwise, there are too many "what ifs" going on to know for sure what will happen this year. I know what I want to see happen, but I have learned many times over that what I want isn't what is going to happen. So . . . . we'll see.
Friday, December 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment