I have to admit, I am a "Grey's Anatomy" fan. I guess it is how I get my former "ER" fix. Anyway, tonight's episode was a little weird because they tried to make it into a musical. However, there was a line given by the character "Meridith" that fits so well for me right now. She is currently going through fertility treatments, which have so far been unsuccessful. In this episode another doctor has to have an emergency section due to injuries sustained from a car accident. The emergency delivery was due to the other doctor having heart and brain surgery, which Meridith was helping with. Afterwords she is talking to her husband, who was the neurosurgeon, about how she couldn't understand that she hasn't been able to get pregnant and this other doctor got pregnant without even trying and then is involved in such a serious accident. She tells him, "This universe is messed up. If you can explain to me why this universe is so messed up, now would be a really good time."
I think everyone who deals with infertility can relate to this full-heartedly. Sometimes it seems that the balance of it all seems so unfair, especially when you hear of people abusing their children or know of women who keep having children when they can't even handle the ones they currently have, etc. It just doesn't seem right, especially when these little ones are so small, vulnerable and innocent and there are wonderful loving people who would be great parents but for whatever reason can't. For me, it's one of the great mysteries of life that maybe in the next life I can get answers to.
In the meantime it is nice to see this struggle portrayed on the small screen. Hopefully, it helps to give a little more insight to others as to how difficult, frustrating, maddening, stressful, depressing, embarrassing, painful, financially draining, etc. the infertility/fertility process can be. Bravo, "Grey's"! BRAVO!
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment