Any woman who is the mother of little ones and is actually involved in their lives has to believe that nurses are truly amazing people for so many reasons. Like for example, this past couple of days have been yucky with a capital YUCK! I have cleaned up more vomit off carpets and yes, even on me than I care to think about and don't even get me started on the head to knee diarrhea fun fest. Whenever I have these moments, I always think to myself how blessed those who work as nurses must and should be because they deal with that kind of stuff all the time and then go back each day for more. They, seriously, do not get paid enough.
And in other news, my hubby and I had a bit of a wakeup call this past week. One of our neighbors passed away today due to complications from Alzheimer's. The really scary thing for us was that we found out yesterday that she was not much older than we are when she was first diagnosed. It really has been wigging me out ever since. When did I get so old and why is there this "magic" time in your life that suddenly your body just starts to turn on you and say, "I don't feel like working right anymore"? And how did I get to this phase of life?
When I went to the doctor last week we talked about my upcoming physical and all the extra tests that I now get to have and the risk categories that I know am suddenly in. It's no wonder people get so freaked out and depressed over turning 40. It's like suddenly you have reached this point of doom and gloom whenever you go to the doctor. It really is depressing and makes me not want to go anymore. Don't worry, I will. I have three little monkeys to raise and need to be around for, if they don't bump me off first.
I guess that since I have such young children which is more typical of those in their 20s, I somehow think I am still there as well. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things about my 20s that I would never care to repeat for anything and I am glad to be past and over being so concerned with a lot of the things I cared about then. But the physical part of being my age? UGH!
Sunday, May 4, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment