Saturday, October 25, 2008

Health Updates

I know that I have been posting regularly like I used to. This past week I have been going to all-day trainings every other day to try and get my CEUs in for my license and had major papers to grade, so I told myself no blogging until they were done.

Jim got the results of his sleep test and he has been diagnosed with mild - moderate sleep-apnea. At this point he doesn't need a breathing machine, but will need to be monitored to make sure it doesn't get any worse. Other than that he has a perfect bill of health.

I started the medication for my Insulin Resistence last week, and just like I was told, I was pretty sick that first week. After a week of the medication I started to feel like normal again. I also immediately changed my eating habits, so there are a lot more vegetables at our house. I have also had the side effect of losing weight! Woohoo!

So far the change hasn't been too bad and there has been only one day that I would have sold almost anything I had for a gooey chocolate chip cookie with lots of sugar, butter, and most importantly - CHOCOLATE! I was good and resisted, but only because there weren't any in the house. I can actually have regular cookies but only one every two hours. Honestly, what is the fun in that?!

I have found a new love, which is sweet potato fries. Jim and I weren't too sure because we both hate yams, but these were GREAT! Cover them with extra-virgin olive oil and kosher salt and then bake at 400 for an hour and UMMMMM!! Much less starch and carbohydrates.

I begin taking the Clomid on Tuesday, so if I am a blubbering mess in the next couple of weeks bare with me. I can honestly blame it on hormones.

That's the latest and the greatest on our health. Jim is working a ton and school is just the same as always. (Three more weeks to go!) When I get a few minutes I plan on sharing some of the things I learned at one of my trainings regarding the drug world presently. It was one of those things that all parents should have attended. It was fascinating how creative the people are getting. Stay tuned!

No comments: