Now that 2008 is coming to an end, I couldn't help but think about everything that has happened this past year. Just a few were:
I started working for U of P.
Jim started working Mon. - Thursday, with holidays off.
I was able to meet my in-laws and loved every one of them.
Jim and I celebrated our first anniversary and still love (and even like) each other.
We were able to have a successful harvest with our garden.
Jim and I began our cake decorating adventures.
I became a member of the local juvenile justice council.
Jim received a clean bill of health from the doctor.
And the best part of all, Jim and I were able to be sealed for time and all eternity.
I remember that as a little kid, adults always would say as you got older, time went by faster. I used to always roll my eyes at that one, but have realized the validity of that statement with each passing year. In such a hurried, automated world, sometimes it is nice to just take a moment and be in the moment. Remembering to just breath. This is always not an easy task.
I look forward to a new year and the possibility that it will bring. I know of my hopes and desires for this new year, but have quickly come to learn that it is not always up to me or turns out how I want. You have to look at it as an adventure, like those reader choice books where you choose what you want to happen next. (I was always one to read the different endings to see which one I would choose.) No two days are the same. Each one has its own surprises, challenges, twists and turns. Living in the moment and cherishing each one. That is what I hope for most of all.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment