Happy Birthday to Cidnie and LuVera!
Since Cidnie lives closer, she got a cake. She wanted it to be a piano cake, which is kind of ironic since I probably would have done something similar for LuVera.
Anyway, it is a 2 layer red velvet cake (her request) with eighth notes and shells at the bottom and treble clefs at the top. The top of the cake has the music notes to "Happy Birthday" and a chocolate piano. We also put a candle that plays "Happy Birthday" when you light it to help finish the theme. I think she was pretty happy!
The notes and the treble clefs are not even or symmetrical, but I was rapidly to the point I just wanted it done. (Transporting it 40 minutes away didn't help either.) Plus Cid had called just as I was icing it to tell me to hurry up. Good thing she will never know of the trauma I went through to get it together. lol That's another story for another day. If you read Heidi Vawdrey's blog entry about her daughter's cake, you will get a general idea. (I know, Jim. We need a KitchenAid mixer.) Oh well. Another learning experience for sure of what to do and not do.
One more project for a niece or nephew down. One more to go! I promise, Zach, it will be done this week!












3 comments:
What an awesome cake. My mouth was watering just thinking about the taste of red velvet. Cidnie is a woman after my own heart! Maybe it comes with the birth date. Thanks for thinking of me. Lowell bought be a fresh donut for breakfast!
I am so impressed. It looks great!
I want to eat that piano.
What a great cake.
What! You don't have a Kitchenaid? How is that possible?
Post a Comment