There is something to be said about "getting away from it all". Just taking a few moments to leave your troubles behind and just enjoy the moment and sunshine. But I am not sure how much of these moments can be appreciated without the reality of life also being something we face from time-to-time.
It was so nice to not worry about work, bills, snow, or ice, even if it was for only a week. The jet lag, however, has been worse than I thought. Experiencing 3 different time zones several times during a week can be more taxing than I thought. I am beginning to wonder if I am going to sleep my life away.
With the holidays over and winter still here, the only thing left for me to do is conquer the dreaded craft room. I know, I know, I said I was doing that last summer. However, after 5 minutes inside the room I get so frustrated and overwhelmed I usually walk right back out and tell myself I will deal with it tomorrow. Unfortunately, I no longer have excuses such as school, Christmas shopping or projects to complete. I don't even have a church calling to use. Of course, there is always family history to do, but alas it still doesn't change the inevitable. The room has to be done! So guess that is where my efforts will lie in the next couple of weeks. Cross your fingers and perhaps check on me every once and awhile to see if I am still breathing. The fabric may overtake me and smother me.
Oh well . . . . Back to life and reality.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












2 comments:
I too enjoy a good vacation! Good luck with the craft room, I'll help you through osmosis!
A vacation sounds so nice. I'm glad that you had a good time.
Good luck with the craft room. I decided I really wasn't crafty, so I got rid of almost everything craft-related. It is so liberating...
Post a Comment