Tuesday, June 9, 2009

War of the Thermostat

Did you ever see Father of the Bride II? Remember the scene of Nina and Annie lying on the sofas in the living room with the air conditioning cranked up as high it can go and fans blowing on them, requesting that George bring them ice and cold drinks because they were still hot? Meanwhile, George is wearing three layers of clothes, including a winter coat, hat, and gloves.

Well, that would be the scene at our house, especially at night. Within the past month I have developed an EXTREME intolerance for heat. In fact, anything above 75 degrees about sends me over the edge during the day and I don't sleep well unless the temperature is below 70.

My poor hubby on the other hand has an extreme intolerance for cold when he is sleeping, so you can imagine the funness we have at night around here. However, he has resorted to sleeping in lounge pants and t-shirts to help ward off the cold.

And to think summer has just begun . . . . . I think I will be banned to the basement before August and September arrive. Thank goodness we have a spare bedroom with a queen bed. Now if I can just convince Jim to hook up cable and fix the electrical outlets in that room. However, it may be better than the alternative. hehehehehehe

No comments: