Thursday, April 21, 2011

Boys Night Out! (Mom's Spa Night)

While I truly love my little one, I have to admit there are days that can be trying. This is especially the case now that he has reached full-blown toddler stage. We spend a lot of time together, Little Man and I, since Daddy is at work/school/studying a lot of the time. Consequently, when Daddy comes home from work, he is definitely the "favored" parent, which I am completely okay with. In fact I enjoy it, because I get a little space to get some things done that an extremely active and inquisitive toddler does not allow.

Tonight my husband wanted to go out for dinner, and today had been "one of those days". I explained that truly all I wanted was to take a bubble bath, shave my legs (which were rapidly reaching Sasquatch level), and just relax since I had been running all day. Instead I proposed that he and Little Man have a boys night out and go to dinner and leave me home.

My husband was shocked I would make such a suggestion and asked repeatedly if it truly was okay with me, to which I laughed hysterically and said, "Please!" He just couldn't believe it and even asked if I was kidding or if this was an "evil woman mind trick" and I would secretly really be mad and hold a grudge. NOPE! "Go with my blessing. Please!"

So out the door they went and to a lovely bubble bath I headed. It was heavenly. I feel so relaxed and definitely became human again. I even got to start a load of laundry, get on the computer, and clean up the kitchen from lunch. (Like I said, it's been "one of those days.")

It's amazing what just a couple of hours of silence and alone time can do. I wonder if I can somehow make this a weekly tradition. hmmmmmmmmm . . . . . . . . . .

1 comment:

Jalene said...

I LOVE it when Shannon will take the boys out without me! It doesn't happen very often though :(