Friday, May 30, 2008

The Garden is Finally In!!!!

The garden is finally done and we added some other things as well. Jim was a good sport and prepared the soil while I did the planting. We planted blackberry and raspberry bushes. We also planted strawberries and herbs in pots that are on our deck. In are garden we planted peas, zucchini, onions, jalapenos, and 5 rows of tomatoes. Woohoo!!! Hopefully things actually grow and I can then show actual pictures to prove that we really did do it. I am just excited to possibly have salsa, tomato sauce, and spaghetti sauce canned this year. We'll see how it goes. The biggest hurtle at this point is keeping the birds away. I just need to devise a way to let Ratta outside a couple of times a day to chase birds away without him escaping through our fence into the neighbors yard. In the meantime, I am going to try to make a scarecrow to put out in the garden.

Jim is glad we are finally done and even said that he is glad to be going to work today to get a brake. Poor guy. He's not used to doing so much work outside. Oh well. As his reward he gets out of mowing the lawn this week since he works on Saturday. I actually don't mind because I am one of those weird people who love to do yard work.

So happy day to sunny days to get all of this planted. Now the rain can come back!

No comments: