Sunday, May 25, 2008

We'll It's Official - I'm Geriatric as of today!!

They say it's your birthday - na- na - na- na
Well, it's my birthday too - na- na- na -na

Yep, today is my birthday. The big 3-5! According to my OBGYN as of today if I get pregnant anytime from here on out I am officially considered a geriatric pregnancy and consequently, high risk! Oh the joy! A former colleague of mine, who is a nurse as well as a therapist, whom I told what my doctor had said was "kind" enough to proceed to tell my all of the physical reasons why I am now in this category. Long story, short she did not help encourage me in any way shape or form to get pregnant any time soon, just the opposite. I finally had to kick her out of my office because she was really starting to freak me out.

I actually never thought of this really being an issue until I was 30, was in a book store and saw a book specifically about being pregnant at 35 or older and I started to freak out. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it. As we say all the time in our house, "It is what it is."

Can I just say I HATE Sunday birthdays?! I told my husband that we are going to celebrate it tomorrow so I don't have to cook my own birthday dinner. Besides he works today and not tomorrow so we can actually really go do something tomorrow.

Next year my birthday will be on Memorial Day. I remember on my 8th birthday we celebrated my birthday and then went straight to the cemetary to place flowers on graves. It was kind of a weird combo celebrating another year in life and remembering those whose lives have ended all in the same day. Maybe that is why I have such a love of family history and doing geneology work?

Anywhoo . . . Happy Birthday to me!!! Now bring on the cake!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Happy birthday, Happy birthday, Happy birthday to you! Love ya girlie! Have a great one (even if you have to celebrate tomorrow)! Stretch it as long as you can!