Friday, May 23, 2008

Jim's Birthday







Jim recently celebrated his birthday and he asked for a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Well, me being me I couldn't go the simple route plus I try to make him feel special every time I can, so I made him a triple layered chocolate cake with dark chocolate, devil's food, and milk chocolate cakes, a chocolate genache filling and chocolate frosting with crushed pecans, carmel and chocolate swirled on the top and some strawberries to give it some type of healthiness. (Of course, Jim later informed me he did not like strawberries and chocolate together.) Anywhoo . . it finally was gone yesterday after help from neighbors and family. And just in time since my birthday is coming up this weekend!!








Above is how the pieces looked. I was so excited because they were 3 shades of brown from light to dark, which I hoped would be the end result. I just love it when a plan comes together!!










No comments: