This last week I had to attend a training about 45 minutes away (via highway). As I got in the Interstate I quickly set my cruise control to stay at 76 mph. (I know me too well and on long, boring drives by myself like that I tend to find myself speeding to get the drive over with.) As I was smoothly driving along singing to the radio and trying to be happy about missing my husband's birthday to sit in an all day training, I noticed an interesting phenomenon. Several cars passed my along the way and they were not the cute, little sports cars or huge pickup trucks driven by over-zealous males. They were the crazy soccer moms driving mini-vans like maniacs! They had no other passengers (thank goodness!), but definitely had no regard for what the speed limit was. (Where is a cop when you need one?!)
This was extremely hilarious to me considering that I grew up with the endearing "Silver Snail." The "Silver Snail" was a silver colored mini-van that my mom drove for who knows how many years and trust me . . . . it NEVER went over the speed limit. If anything, it always stayed under the speed limit. Hence, the name the "Silver Snail".
Who knew that there has been such a change in the dynamic of the mini-van driver over the years?! Good thing Mom drives a SUV now. She would never fit in!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment