Insurance companies are making me nuts!!!!! First we had the whole debacle about the chiropractor bill, and now we have the MRI mess. It turns out that our stupid doctor, (Yes, the same one who ordered the MRI in the wrong place.) never did get a pre-authorization for the MRI even though I told him too. So our insurance company kicked back the claim to the hospital asking for justification for the MRI. I just called the insurance company and the hospital had not provided them with the information, so I called the hospital. They said that it was the doctor who needed to provide this information and they don't make those kind of calls to the doctor to let them know this. That was our job. When I asked the billing person how we were supposed to know that since the insurance company had told them that this is what was needed, she said that it was not her problem but our and oh, by the way, the bill was due and they need full payment. Yeah, sure. Just let me go back to my money tree and see if $1200 has ripened lately. RRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!
There have been also another couple of bills that the insurance company has kicked back because they want the provider to contact another company for pricing first and then they submit the bill to the insurance company. Nowhere on the insurance card does it say this. When I asked the insurance person why this can't be on the cards so we can quit playing this game, she said that it was my responsibility to remind them of doing this when I saw the provider. Good grief!!! What ever happened to simple communication or even better yet professional courtesy! Just following everyone around to make sure I hold their hand to do their job is becoming a full-time job for me. I think the deductibles and co-pays should be waved if I am having to hold their hand! My time should be worth something. Who's with me?!












No comments:
Post a Comment