Saturday, August 23, 2008

I HATE Grading Papers!!

I saw this and laughed and had to take a picture. I so concure, since I feel like I am beating my head against the wall after grading 8 papers that were turned in on time and 1 that was 1 day late. The rest of the class hasn't bothered to turn in their papers. Out of the 9:
1 was turned in to Academic Affairs for plagiarism
2 copied the majority of their paper from a website but were big enough to use an in-text citation
1 tried to be sneaky like the others but when she copied from the website she mixed the sentences up so that Plagiarism Checker wouldn't catch her, but now it doesn't make any sense.
1 tried to write her paper without any references and did not even come close to meeting the word requirement, did not use APA formatting AT ALL, and did not create her paper in Word. All of these things were requirements of the paper and she has been told NUMEROUS times.(She was turned in for Plagiarism last time.)
1 The spelling and run-on sentences were so bad that I wasn't sure if I could get through the paper. (She didn't even spell the author of our textbook's name right.)

And just think . . . . I have their final paper to grade next week.

1 comment:

Nurse Heidi said...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice. I'd like to think that 10 years ago people didn't plagiarize so much, maybe because not as much stuff was online and so easily copied. That's pretty darn lame, I must say.