Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another Update

Well, yesterday we went to the perinatalogist visit. Just prior to going I noticed that my stomach was a mass of welts and a rash, so I called my regular ob and was informed that I have a lovely case of PUPPPS. (If you want to know what that stands for, you will have to look that up.) Basically, it is a rash with welts that is like having a huge chicken pox or poison ivy rash on your stomach that you are not supposed to scratch. It's not harmful. Just incredibly itchy that will not go away until after the pregnancy has ended. Hydrocortisone cream helps take the edge off, so off I went to the other doctor.

The doctor was really nice and from what I was told by a friend of ours, who is a supervising nurse at the hospital, we saw the best one out of the four who come to Idaho Falls from Primary's. To be honest, in some ways I am more confused now as to what is going on then I was before. I am hoping to schedule an appointment with my regular doctor soon to "debrief".

The only things I know for sure are that I am not to take the glucose test, because he states that it would be more harmful then helpful. He feels that I do have gestational diabetes and need to start testing my glucose levels immediately. Tre is within the normal growth range but at the high end of that level. (In other words "big baby") Also, the umbilical cord is definitely edged in its connection and there were some other things as well that I will refrain from sharing.

Long story, shorter . . . . there are still some concerns, but not as many as there could be. At this point, I am going to talk to the doctor about a C-section. It's not my first choice, but there have been and still are too many red flags for my comfort level. Plus I would much rather be sure that my doctor, who knows my history, be there for sure, then to get someone who knows nothing of what has been happening and the complications become a problem for myself and Tre.

On a more fun note we were able to see Tre's face from the front for the first time. He has really chubby cheeks and was not happy about being poked and moved around for the various ultrasounds. (I was kicked and punched good and hard during the appointment and for a couple of hours afterwards.)

That is as far as I know at this point.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Keeping you in my prayers as always! Can't wait to meet the little one! Take it easy and pamper yourself! Wish I could be there to make sure you do....

Seamans Family said...

What?! Me slow down long enough to take care of me?! Surely you jest?! hahahahahaha I sure do love ya!

Melinda said...

Oh, jeez I had that PUPPPPPPS with Spencer. I also started to get pre-eclampsia and all I could do for two weeks was lay on my side and try not to itch. It was terrible.

Good luck with everything!!!