When my husband and I were looking at houses to buy, one of my criteria was that I needed to have a space in the backyard to grow a garden. To this I got "the look" and was told that he hated yard work and didn't do green (in regards to veggies), so I was on my own if I wanted to garden. So last year, that was usually where you could find me throughout the summer. I was either working in the vegetable garden, the flower beds, or working in the yard. I loved every minute of it! With the thanks of what we grew, I was able to can A LOT of salsa, which my husband has discovered that he LOVES.
This year, due to my "delicate state" I have not been able to do a whole lot with the garden. In fact, he got it ready, planted, and maintained it for most of the summer all by himself. Poor guy!We did can 13 quarts and 6 pints of salsa, and are now going to be done since there is not much more I can do.
As we were harvesting the last of the jalapenos, green peppers, and the majority of the last of the tomatoes to give to the local food bank he said to me, "Wouldn't it be cool to be able to have a 1/4 acre garden that you could just donate it all to the food bank?" My heart melted. I am so grateful that he loves doing charity work as much as me, which is something we hope to instill in Tre as well.
What a guy!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment