Today I had my first "normal" appointment. In fact it was so short and routine it seemed so anti-climatic that I almost had to go back to make sure that this was the way it really was. No ultrasound needed, just the doppler and a discussion with the doc. Wow, what a concept!
I did find out that while the perinatalogist that I saw is very good, he has a tendency to scare the daylights out of everyone he sees so my doctor was not surprised with how freaked out I was. (She said that he likes to be overly-cautious, which can be a good thing, but is scary to the patient.) The fact that he did not want to see me again unless my doc thinks I need to is a good sign that he is not really concerned.
As far as the C-section goes, it is still up to me at this point and won't be scheduled until the 39th week if that is what I decide to do. Still not sure on that one. I am still in the wait and see mode.
So no appointment until next month and I also get to do a 4-D scan at that time as well. Woohoo!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












3 comments:
Sounds like things are going fairly well. If you have any questions on a c-section, you can always ask me, but knowing you, I'm sure you've found out all you need to know already :)
You had one, Jay? I am sooooo clueless in all of this. I understand the "technical" stuff, but need to someone who has really experienced it without the "spiritual beauty" of delivery speech. In otherwords, I want the truth!
Post a Comment